Homepage redesign for Pittsburgh Water Limo

I have recently made some improvements to the Pittsburgh Water Limo homepage. The new design I rolled out is more appealing and is more consistent between different browser types. The new layout also will benefit the Pittsburgh Water Limo with increased search engine visibility and help improve the site’s bounce rate. The new homepage takes advantage of the jQuery library to provide animations and quick site load times. By utilizing jQuery it makes it easier and cleaner to highlight multiple products from the company as the main image slides to show more products.

Pittsburgh Water Limo

New layout for featured products and events along with better highlighting of "Alerts".

Pittsburgh Water Limo

New social media, mailing list and products layout.

 

I have also updated the site’s masthead to give it a more modern and refreshed look. Pittsburgh Water Limo had been using the same masthead on their website for at least 5 years now and I felt it was time to update the look. The new masthead has a look that is consistent with the old one but will provide the site with a fresher look. The new masthead also makes the the logo and company’s name stand out better along with making it easier to read

Pittsburgh Water Limo masthead

The new Pittsburgh Water Limo masthead.

New Site Design!

As you may have noticed my site has had a major overhaul, it was well over due. With the new design I hope to better showcase my talents at designing attractive websites along with gaining some traction with SEO. My new site functions like a Javascript web application with the user visiting one page and the content of each page is brought in through AJAX. I used the Google recommended article, Making AJAX Applications Crawlable, to design the structure of my site. By using #! search engines, like Google, are able to view each AJAX page as a new page. Using AJAX also has immensely improved the site loading time over the previous version of the site.

Apart from a restructure of the site’s back-end I tried to focus on making a more professional and attractive looking site. I also tried to cut down on image file sizes to help out site loading time. I developed the site with open-sourced fonts from Google Web Fonts which allows for an expanded font library for sites to use. This allowed me to take font that would normally be in an image and apply it to the site as normal text instead. Furthermore, I have plans in the not so distant future of making this site more mobile friendly.

I love my new and improved site and all the benefits it will bring me. I spend so much time working on other people’s/company’s websites I felt bad that my site had fallen into such disrepair, it really feels good to give it a big and much needed overhaul. I would be happy to provide many of these same techniques used in my new site to your next web project, just visit my contact page and let me know how I can help you.