Apart from a restructure of the site’s back-end I tried to focus on making a more professional and attractive looking site. I also tried to cut down on image file sizes to help out site loading time. I developed the site with open-sourced fonts from Google Web Fonts which allows for an expanded font library for sites to use. This allowed me to take font that would normally be in an image and apply it to the site as normal text instead. Furthermore, I have plans in the not so distant future of making this site more mobile friendly.
I love my new and improved site and all the benefits it will bring me. I spend so much time working on other people’s/company’s websites I felt bad that my site had fallen into such disrepair, it really feels good to give it a big and much needed overhaul. I would be happy to provide many of these same techniques used in my new site to your next web project, just visit my contact page and let me know how I can help you.